Soccer is a great activity for kids of all ages and all abilities and experience levels are welcome! The season typically starts at the end of April/early May and runs to the end of June. If you require financial assistance, have questions, or want additional information please contact email@example.com.
AHS Screen Test Mobile Mammography Clinic is Returning to Thorsby!
June 21 2023
Here’s some info about the clinic:
What: AHS Screen Test Mobile Mammography Clinic
How to book: Call 1-800-667-0604 (toll-free)
Who should be screened?
• Women 45 to 74: This group is most commonly diagnosed with breast cancer, and should plan to have a mammogram every 2 years until they turn 75. This group can self-refer.
• Women 40 to 44: Screening is optional and they should discuss the risks and benefits of screening with their health care provider. A referral is needed for their first mammogram in Alberta, which is available online here.
• Women 75 and over: Can continue screening and should discuss the risks and benefits with their health care provider.
• Screening mammograms are not recommended for those under age 40: Talk to your health care provider if concerned about having an increased risk of breast cancer.
Transgender, gender diverse and non-binary people eligible for screening:
• Assigned female at birth and have not undergone top surgery (mastectomy), or
• Assigned male at birth and have been on feminizing hormone therapy for 5+ years in total.
Why are mammograms important? Screening mammograms are routine tests used to find early signs of cancer in individuals who have no breast problems or symptoms. They can find changes in the breast that are too small to be felt. Early detection with mammograms is one of the reasons that most women (89%) are now surviving breast cancer. To learn more about Screen Test, visit this website or call 1-800-667-0604.