In order to vote, you must produce one piece of authorized identification that establishes both your name and current residential address.
Examples of authorized identification include:
- Alberta Driver’s Licence
- Alberta Identification Card
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Income/property tax assessment notice
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Statement of government benefits (such as employment insurance, old-age security or social assistance)
Do I have to be on a voters list or a permanent electors list to vote?
There is no voters list nor permanent electors list for the Thorsby Election.
Voters must provide authorized identification at a voting station, such as an Alberta Driver's Licence or an Alberta Identification Card.