Town Services


Some bylaws are listed on the website - select the Bylaws link at the bottom of this page to view. A complete listing of the bylaws are available at the Municipal Office for viewing.

Bylaw complaints can be made by contacting the Bylaw Officer

Snow Clearing

Snow clearing will be completed on a rotational basis with each snowfall.  Download Map

Permits and Licenses

Whether it’s a new home, new business or new puppy, the Town has many application forms available on our website. All permits and licenses must be paid in full before permits are issued.

For Building, Electrical, Gas and Plumbing permits, please contact our service provider Inspections Group directly at (780) 454-5048 or visit their website to access forms and details directly.  Payment for building, electrical, gas and plumbing permits should be submitted directly to Inspections Group.

Please note: A Development Permit must be submitted, paid for and approved by the Development Officer for the Town of Thorsby prior to the start of any project.  Development applications should be submitted directly to the Town of Thorsby Office. Development Application Forms are available on our website or from the Village Office.

Thorsby Zoning Map
Development Permit Application

Tax Certificates

The Town of Thorsby no longer issues tax searches. If you would like a tax certificate, please fax your request to the Municipal Office at (780) 789-3779 with a copy of a $25.00 cheque made out to the Town of Thorsby. The Town will not invoice for tax certificates.

FCSS Emergency Services

See F.C.S.S. under Departments for additional information.     View the Emergency Resource Guide


Did You Know?

Thorsby has a superb water management facility with membrane filtration and excess capacity.

If you're looking to start or move your water based business, we could be the perfect location!  Contact the Town Office to find out more.
780 789 3935